Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting
of the San Clemente Men's Golf Club
Tuesday January 14,th, 2020
Pride of the Pacific Restaurant
150 Avenida Magdalena, San Clemente, California
CALL TO ORDER: President Kurt Luebke called the meeting to order at 4:00 pm in the banquet hall of Wedgewood Restaurant.
| President Kurt Luebke
|| David Hamdorf - 1st Vice President
| Steve Crowly - Handicap Chairman
|| Jeff Hooper - Treasurer
| Ed Pernal - Director of Rules
|| Jeff Remmele - Saturday Tournament Director
| Derek Duesler - Director at Large
|| Frank Schneider - Membership Chairman
| Steve Rose - Secretary
|| Nick Azzolini - Greens, Past President
| Aaron Washington - Handicap Committeeman
MINUTES OF THE NOVEMBER MEETING:
MOTION: : There was a motion made by Kurt and seconded by Ed and Nick to approve the minutes. The Minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
HANDICAP REPORT (Steve Crowly)
- Steve mentioned that everyone should view the Playing (formerly Course) Handicap Chart posted near the computer to see their new Playing Handicap.
TREASURER'S REPORT ( Jeff Hooper )
Report as of December 31st, 2019:
- Checking account balance as of 12/31/2019 = $30,237
- Savings account balance as of 12/31/2019 = $2,003
- Total Income for the month of December = $10,184
- Total Expenses for the month of December = $2,788
- Net Profit/(Loss) for December = $7,396
See attached treasurers report.
MOTION: There was a motion made by Kurt and seconded by Ed to approve the treasurer's report. The report was approved.
RULES (Ed Pernal):
- Ed reminded folks that hole-by-hole posting is available. This may be helpful for determining the maximum allowable score per hole for posting purposes.
MEMBERSHIP REPORT (Frank Schneider)
- Frank shared that we are now at 693 members with 173 associate members included in that total.
GREENS REPORT (Nick Azzollini):
- Walkway near #9 is being worked on. Brush near #5 is being cleared. Took out dead cottonwood on #6. Eucalyptus near chipping green has been trimmed.
REPORT OF CITY GOLF ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING (Nick Azzolini)
WEDNESDAY TOURNAMENT (Kurt Luebke)
January 8th, Individual Stroke Play, 92 players
$1,395 paid out $15.00 over budget (38 of 92 players, or 41%)
See attached report.
FRIDAY TOURNAMENT (David Hamdorf)
December 18th, 4 Club Turkey Shoot 74 players.
$950 paid out, $235.00 under budget (48% of the field in the money)
See Attached report.
SATURDAY TOURNAMENT (Jeff Remmele)
January 11th, Individual Stroke Play, 71 players.
$1,075 paid out $15.00 over budget(33 of 71 players, or 46%)
See Attached report.
- Benches have moved around a bit but seem to be in good spots. Kurt asked if we want to anchor them and if we should affix plaques mentioning that they were donated by the Men's Club. The decision was made to purchase the plaques. The existing plaques that have been moved from other spots will be affixed as well. The suggestion was made to get Vinnie's feedback on the placement on the benches and whether or not they should be anchored.
- Steve R. discussed the status of the Directors and Officers, Liability and Medical (injury) insurance. The quote received by the broker was put to a motion to approve Kurt, seconded by Frank and passed. Jeff H. will cut a check from the Club bank account once an invoice is received.
- Associate member tournaments will be individual stoke play - March 14th and July 17th. The Men's Club will pay their green fee, tournament, and cart fees plus free range balls. A motion was made to approve and it was passed.
- Team Play: How much should be dedicated to cover food, fees, etc. Kurt suggested that the Men's Club pick up the Thursday members' home green fees. A motion was made and the motion passed.
- Club Newsletter: Dave is soliciting articles/items of interest to include in the newsletter. If anyone has any items, please send them to Dave H. by January 29th.
- Saddleback Scholarship: The College has told us that they will match our contribution by 50%. Previously we had donated $950 and a motion was made to increase it to an even $1,000. The motion was approved.
MOTION: There being no further business a motion to adjourn was made by Kurt, seconded by Dave H. at 5:00 pm.
Next meeting February 11th, 2020.
MINUTES FROM PAST MEETINGS