| Ed Pernal - Director of Rules
|| Aaron Washington - Handicap Committeeman
| Jeff Hooper - Treasurer
|| Jeff Remmele - Saturday Tournament Director
| Steve Rose - Secretary
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
Steve C made a motion to approve the minutes from the previous meeting. Derek seconded and the motion passed.
TREASURER'S REPORT ( Dave Hamdorf for Jeff Hooper )
The Treasurer's Report for the month ended 4/30/21 was shared with the Board. For the most recent report, the following information was shared:
- Checking account balance as of 3/31/2021 = $48,145.15
- Savings account balance as of 3/31/2021 = $2,003.66
- Total Income for the month of January = $7,561.00
- Total Expenses for the month of January = $4,651.40
- Net Profit/(Loss) for February = 2,909*.40
See attached May 2021 treasurer's report.
MOTION: There was a motion made by Frank and seconded by Nick to approve the Treasurer's report. The report was approved.
HANDICAP REPORT (Steve Crowly)
RULES (Ed Pernal):
MEMBERSHIP REPORT (Frank Schneider)
- We are now at 797 members with 219 associate members and 12 junior members included in that total.
GREENS REPORT & REPORT OF CITY GOLF ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING (Nick Azzollini):
- Nick reported that even though the maintenance staff will be severely understaffed for some time, tees 1, 12, and 16 will be repaired and/or leveled.
- There have been many complaints about the trees and bushes in front of the Blue tees on 16. Nick informed us that even thought the City has finally signed a contract with a new tree service the golf course is not included in the contract. Jordon has to seek 3 bids for any tree maintenance that his crew cannot handle.
- Jordon has been allowed to seek bids for temporary staff to supplement his crew until such time as new staff members are hired.
- Rakes have been placed in the bunkers. After Saturday's tournament the 1 club length free placement of the ball will be rescinded.
REPORT OF CITY GOLF ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING (Nick Azzolini)
- : No meeting until later this evening.
WEDNESDAY TOURNAMENT (Kurt Luebke)
May 5th 2 MAN SHAMBLE
108 players, 66 players paid (61%) with an actual payout of $2170.00 ($10.00 over budget)
See attached report.
FRIDAY TOURNAMENT (David Hamdorf)
April 7th through May 7th President's Cup
64 players, 32 paid (50%) Total payout $3,100.00 ($100.00 under budget)
See Attached report
SATURDAY TOURNAMENT (Jeff Remmele)
To be played May 8th
- Two Senior students at San Clemente High School have applied for the Alan Cook Memorial Scholarships. Both are very qualified. There was discussion on the amount that the applicants should receive this year.
- MOTION: There was a motion made by Kurt and seconded by Frank to provide each student with a $2,000 dollar scholarship. The motion was voted upon and passed unanimously.
- Kurt discussed this year's annual meeting with Vinnie Poncino and Dave Cook. They both agreed that Thursday December 9th will work for their annual balloon sale as well as our meeting.
- We received an email from Samantha Wylie in which she notified the Board of her support for the clock we have proposed for placement on the corner of the rear patio where it would be visible from the 1st tee and the driving range. She will present the idea to the Beach and Recreation Committee
- The Board was emailed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) from the City. The MOU concerns our tournament starting times and uses of the golf course. After much discussion the Board came up with the following concerns about the MOU.
- The City offers a 5-year agreement with 2 5-year options.
- However either side may terminate the agreement with a 30 notification.
- This in essence makes this a month to month agreement.
- Our "guarantied" tournament starting times may be "bumped" by the starter or City for an outside tournament.
- We feel we are being treated as a tenant rather than a partner.
- There were questions as to why this MOU is necessary.
- There were questions as to who created this document.
- Nick volunteered to investigate the why and whom questions.
- Dave H. ask if the 3 month membership and 3 tournament played major tournament qualifications should be reinstated.
- It was decided that the 3 month membership should be reinstated but not the 3 tournament
- Dave also suggested that the President's Cup should be moved up earlier in the year to avoid the new aeration schedule in April
- All agreed.
MOTION:There being no further business a motion to adjourn was made by Kurt, seconded by Frank at 5:25 pm. Motion passed.
Next meeting is scheduled for June 8th, 2021.
Dave Hamdorf for
MINUTES FROM PAST MEETINGS